Flower Giving Holidays & Seasons
Flowers are always popular gifts, especially during holidays. Below we have created our 2015/2016 flower holiday calendar for your convenience, listing the most popular flower giving holiday dates and seasons for Canada.
- Valentine's Day, Friday, February 14, 2016:
Nothing says "I Love You" quite the same as sending beautiful
flowers and roses for Valentine's. In additional to our own Canada
Flowers Valentine's Day catalogue, we also offer FTD
Valentine's Flowers and Teleflora
- Family Day, Monday, February 15, 2016: Family Day is a relatively new holiday in Canada, first celebrated in Alberta, then Manitoba (as Louis Riel Day), and most recently in Ontario. It is celebrated on the 3rd Monday in February. Surprise someone or an entire family that is special to you by sending them a simple gift of freshly wrapped flowers -- and feel good about taking part in this new holiday.
- International Women's Day - Tuesday, March 8th, 2016: Celebrate the women in your life with beautiufl flowers from Canada Flowers, Canada's National Florist. We suggest choosing flowers from our Spring Collection!
- First Day of Spring, Sunday, March 20, 2016: Celebrate Spring with bright, colourful flowers from our Canada Flowers Spring collection or our FTD Spring Flowers catalogue. Lots of choices, fantastic fresh, bright floral gifts suitable for many occasions during the Spring season.
- Easter, Sunday, March 27th, 2016: Easter is the most
important Christian holiday, widely celebrated across Canada. Most
business will be closed on Good Friday, March 25th.
- Administrative Professionals Day, Wednesday, April 27th, 2016: Administrative Professionals Day is technically not a holiday. However, it is common practice to demonstrate your appreciation and recognition for administrative professionals with flowers at this time. At Canada Flowers, we are here to help!
- Mother's Day, Sunday, May 8th, 2016: At it's heart, Mother's Day is a day for honouring and celebrating Mothers. Mother's Day is the busiest flower giving holiday of the calendar year -- and with good reason! At Canada Flowers, we offer our own, original flowers, FTD Flowers and Teleflora selections for Mother's Day. Because Mother's Day Sunday is such a very busy delivery day, we strongly recommend ordering flowers early, and choosing delivery on Friday or Saturday before Mother's Day. Moms always appreciate receiving their flowers early! Typically, our deadline for placing orders online for Mother's Day is Friday, sometime between noon and 5 pm - subject to change.
- Father's Day, Sunday, June 19th, 2016: Dads love getting
surprises for Father's
Day, including plants, fruit and gourmet
baskets. At Canada Flowers,
we've got Dad's covered in 2016!
- The first day of Summer is Monday, June 20th, 2016: Shop from our Summer Flowers catalogue today.
- Grandparents Day, Sunday, September 11th, 2016: Did you know that the 'official' flower of Grandparents Day is the forget-me-not? National Grandparents Day began in Canada in 1995 when it was recognized by a motion in the House of Commons. While not a statutory holiday, we think this day set aside for grandparents is a wonderful idea. This year, show gratitude for all that grandparents do in your life, or in the life of your children. Order online from any catalogue for Grandparents Day!
- Rosh Hashanah, Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 to Tuesday, October 4th: Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year. It is a time of inner renewal and divine atonement, and lasts for 2 days.
- Thanksgiving, Monday, October 10th, 2016: Traditionally, Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated on the second Monday of October. Celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving in 2016 with beautiful Fall Flowers created especially for this season by Canada Flowers or Thanksgiving Flowers by FTD®. Send a rich, colourful bouquet or a breath-taking centerpiece to celebrate on Monday, October 10th. We recommend choosing flowers for delivery on the Friday or Saturday before Thanksgiving Monday. Flowers that arrive early are always appreciated.
- Christmas, Sunday, December 25th, 2016: Throughout the months of November and December, Canada Flowers offers a huge selection of Christmas Flowers and Christmas themed fruit and gourmet baskets for all budgets, tastes and sentiments. We offer 8 catalogues of flowers exclusively for Christmas, including FTD and Teleflora selections. If you are looking for Christmas flowers for 2015, whether for the home or the office, Canada Flowers has the largest selection of Christmas floral gifts available in Canada - now with 200+ items!